Research & Publications
1. Abhijit Sarkar, Arindam Majumder, Martand Pawar, S C Saha and R N Rai “Optimization of process parameters of submerged arc welding by using grey– fuzzy-based Taguchi method for AISI 1518 grade steel” ProcIMechE Part B: J Engineering Manufacture, 1–10, IMechE 2014 ,DOI: 10.1177/0954405414521064.(SCI).
2. Abhijit Sarkar, Prasenjit Dey, R.N.Rai, Subhas Chandra Saha “A comparative study of multiple regression analysis and back propagation neural network approaches on plain carbon Steel in Submerged-arc welding” Sadhana - Academy Proceedings in Engineering Science, DOI 10.1007/s12046-016-0494-7(SCI).
3. A. Sarkar, J. Roy, A. Majumder, S. C. Saha “Optimization of Welding Parameters of Submerged Arc Welding Using Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) Based on Taguchi Technique” J. Inst. Eng. India Ser. C (April–June 2014) 95(2):159–168, DOI 10.1007/s40032-014-0114-4. (Springer).
4. Abhijit Sarkar, R.N.Rai, S.C.Saha “A Study of Parametric Effects on Thermal Profile of Submerged Arc Welding Process” Journal of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, 12(2015), 43-56.(ESCI)
5. Abhijit Sarkar, Aparesh Datta, Prasenjit Dey, R.N.Rai and S. C Saha “A Numerical Approach for Modelling Thermal Profiles and Effects of Process Parameters on it in Submerged Arc Welding of AISI 1518 Grade Steel” Journal of Thermal Engineering, Yildiz Technical University Press, Istanbul, Turkey Manuscript Received March 20, 2015; Accepted May 20, 2015, Vol. 1, Special Issue 3, No. 6, pp. 505-516, May, 2015. (Scopus)
6. Dey P, Sarkar A, Das A. K, Development of GEP & ANN model to predict the unsteady forced convection over a cylinder”, Neural Computing and Application (2015),http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00521-015-2023-8.(SCI).
7. Dey P, Sarkar A, Das A. K “Capability to predict the steady and unsteady reduced aerodynamic forces on a square cylinder by ANN and GEP” Neural Computing and Applications. Doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s500521-061-2186-y. (SCI).
8. Dey P, Sarkar A, Das AK, Prediction of the aerodynamic behavior of a rounded corner square cylinder at zero incidence using ANN, Ain Shams Eng J (2016), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/ j.asej.2015.12.014.(Elsevier)
9. S. Debbarma, A. Sarkar, S.C.Saha “A comparative study on the Hardness behaviour of friction stir welding AA60663 alloy”, Journal for technology of Plasticity, Vol. 37 (2), pp 33-38.(Scopus).
10. Dey P, Sarkar A, Das A. K, “Prediction of unsteady mixed convection over circular cylinder in the presence of nano fluid - A comparative study of ANN and GEP”, Journal of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (2015), 12(1): 57-71 (ESCI).
11. A Sarkar, P Dey, P Kar, R.N. Rai, S.C. Saha, “A Study on the Effects of Heat Input on Size of Heat-Affected Zone (HAZ) and Mechanical Properties of AISI 1518 Grade Steel in Submerged Arc-Welding Process, ”RIET- International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology.
12. A Sarkar, R.N.Rai, S.C Saha “A study on grey-fuzzy approach for the optimization of Process Parameter of Submerged Arc Welding based on Taguchi Method with multiple performance characteristics” Sadhana - Academy Proceedings in Engineering Science (Revised Manuscript) (SCI).
Workshops & FDPs Conducted/Organised/Attended
1.Two day’s workshop on “Advanced Materials & Machining” Under TEQIP-II, organised by Department of Mechanical Engineering, NIT Agartala.
2.Two day’s workshop on “Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer in Microchannel” organised by Department of Mechanical Engineering, NIT Agartala.
3.Two day’s workshop on “MATLAB and its Application in ANN, Fuzzy Logic & Genetic Algorithm” organised by Department of Mechanical Engineering, NIT Agartala.
4.Worked as a volunteer in “14th National Conference on Machines and Mechanism (NaCoMM-09)” organised by Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Durgapur.